Also called the Porta San Nicola, the Arco ‘Ndriano is situated a short distance from Piazza Garibaldi in Atessa. The current version of the arch was built in the 18th century.
Arco ‘Ndriano Atessa
Address: Corso Vittorio Emanuele – Atessa. The arch can be seen from outside.
History and description
The Arco ‘Ndriano is located along the Corso Vittorio Emanuele. The first version of this arch was built around the year 1000.
In 1268, the new arch, close to the San Nicola hospital, was erected.
After being knocked down towards the middle of the 18th century, a new gate was built by popular demand. Its construction began in 1768. The loggia above the arch was completed two years later.