Blera is a small hill-top town in the province of Viterbo. It is located just south of the city of Vetralla.
All about Blera, city guide
Tourist attractions Blera
- In the Piazza Nova you can see the stump of an ancient tower and part of the ancient city walls.
- The Civic Museum Gustavo VI Adolfo di Svezia is dedicated to the role of the horse in the Maremma region.
- Chiesa del Suffragio
- The Palazzo Tornaforte is the seat of Blera’s town council and lies along the Via Roma.
- The Palazzo del Barone used to belong to the Anguillara family. This palace was reconstructed during the second half of the 19th century after having been severely damaged during a rebellion against the Anguillara‘s.
- Collegiate Church of Maria Assunta in Cielo and San Vivenzio: Built in 1538.
Tourist attractions outside Blera
- In the suburb of Orto Silvano the necropolises of Ponton Grazioli, Terrone and Casetta can be seen. Keep you eyes open, because they are partly hidden from sight by vegetation.
- Along the ancient road that used to lead to Rio Canale you can see arcosolia dug into the tuff stone walls.
- In San Giovenale you can see the ruins of ancient Etruscan villages.