The Chiesa della Compagnia della Morte (literally translated, “Church of the Company of Death”) is a church in Perugia. The church was founded in the 16th century to give poor people a dignified burial.
Compagnia della Morte Church Perugia
Address: Piazza Piccinino, 3 – Perugia. Phone: +39 075 5720631. Opening times: N/A. Ticket price: Free.
History and description
The Compagnia della Morte was founded in 1570 with the aim of being able to provide a dignified burial for the poor.
The construction of the church itself started in 1575, but lasted well into the 17th century. The original architect was Bino Sozi.
The portal dates from 1606.
The interior is characterized by a vault in the shape of a Greek cross, which was restored in the 18th century.
What to see
Artists whose works can be seen in the church include Francesco Busti, Cristoforo Gasperi and Anton Maria Garbi.
The altar piece “All Saints” was painted by Vincenzo Pellegrini, in 1612.