Fountain of the Pine Cone Rome
The Fountain of the Pine Cone is almost 4m tall and originally stood near the Pantheon, but in the Middle Ages was moved to the old Saint-Peter’s Basilica. Later, in 1608, it was moved again, to its present spot.
There are two bronze peacocks flanking the Fountain of the Pine Cone. These are copies of the peacocks that formerly decorated Emperor Hadrian’s Tomb. The originals can be found in the Braccio Nuovo Museum (part of the Vatican Museums).