The Museum Card of Venice is a very good investment for people visiting the city for more than a couple of days. Compared to, for example, the Roma Pass, the card is very cheap (35 Euro) and valid for an unusually long time (6 months).
Museum card Venice
(Please note that, as of February 2021, the city museums of Venice have reopened. This may of course change, depending on the Covid-situation.)
The Museum Pass is valid for Venice‘s city museums and some other museums that are also affiliated with the initiative. During the six months that the card is valid, each museum may be visited once. The affiliated museums are the following:
- Palazzo Ducale, Museo Correr, the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and the Sale Monumentali della Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana. These four museums count as a single visit.
- Ca’ Rezzonico and the museum of 18th century art.
- The House of Carlo Goldoni (the author of “Pinocchio”).
- The Palazzo Mocenigo Museum.
- The Ca’ Pesaro with the Galleria Internazionale d’Arte Moderna and the Museum of Oriental Art.
- The Natural History Museum.
- The Glass Museum in Murano.
- Het Museo del Merletto (“Lace museum”) on the island of Burano.
The museum card is not valid in the Palazzo Fortuny and the Torre dell’Orologio.
Rates Venice Museum Pass
The price of the museum card is 35.00 Euro. Children between 6 and 14 and students between 15 and 25 years old pay only 18 Euro, as well as those over 65. Families of 2 adults + at least one child receive a discount. It can be obtained from any of the affiliated museums.