The Palazzo Brugiotti is a 16th century palace in the Via Cavour in Viterbo. Today it is, among other things, the seat of the Ceramics Museum of Viterbo.
Palazzo Brugiotti Viterbo
Address, Admission and Opening Hours
The address of the Palazo Brugiotti is Via Cavour, 67 – 01100 Viterbo. Opening hours and admission price are those of the Ceramics Museum.
History and description
The Palazzo Brugiotti was built in the 16th century, after the then Governor of the city, Alessandro Farnese, had decided in 1573 to replace the old Roman road with a straight, new street.
This was the Via Farnesina, which is now called Via Cavour. The Palazzo Brugiotti is about halfway down the street.
The palace is still among the best-known examples of post-Renaissance architecture.
On the second floor there is a magnificent frescoed room, nowadays mostly used for conferences and meetings.
The first floor houses the city’s Ceramics Museum. It is divided into three sections, namely medieval, Renaissance and altolaziale (“from the northern part of the Lazio region”).
The graceful garden is graced by a number of fountains.