The Palazzo del Drago is a historical building in the Via dei Coronari in the Ponte district in Rome. The palace was built around the middle of the 16th century. The name of the architect is not known.
Palazzo del Drago Rome
Opening hours and admission
The Palazzo del Drago is not open to the public.
History and description
The Palazzo del Drago owes its name to the Del Drago family. The Del Drago family was originally from Viterbo. They had their Rome residence built on top of a number of houses they had bought in 1557.
The old San Salvatore de Inversis Church was incorporated in the building and in the 16th century restored by Mario del Drago.
Although the family kept ownership of the palace until the middle of the 20th century, they themselves had moved to another building on the corner of the Via delle Quattro Fontane. This building used to belong to Maria Cristina, wife of the Spanish King Ferdinand VII.
The ground floor of the Palazzo del Drago is nowadays used as shop space.
Address and public transport
The address of the Palazzo del Drago is Via dei Coronari, 33-44 – Rome. Rione: Ponte. Nearest bus stop: Senato (lines 30, 70, 81, 87, 130F, 492, 628, N6, N7).