The Palazzo Lascaris is a 17th century mansion in the Via Alfieri in Turin. At the moment it is the seat of the Regional Council of Piedmont. The main reason for visiting is the beautiful courtyard.
Palazzo Lascaris Turin
Address: Via Alfieri, 15 – Torino. Phone: +39 011 5757255.
History and description
The Palazzo Lascaris was constructed between 1663 and 1665. The owner was count Giovanni Battista Beggiano and the design was probably the work of Amedeo di Castellamonte.
In 1784, the architects Borra and Rocca, renovated the interior decorations.
In 1803, it came into the hands of the Lascaris family, and acquired its current name.
In the course of the 19th century, several institutions occupied the palace. In 1884, the Banca di Sconto had the facade restored and the courtyard porticoes and loggias added.
Multiple renovations and reconstructions in the course of the centuries have altered the original architecture of the building. The biggest change, however, was caused by bombings during World War II. Most rooms on the first floor, including the central reception room, which had been frescoed in 1694 by Legnanino, were destroyed.
The stairway was renovated in 1942.
Since 1975, it has been the seat of the Regional Council of Piedmont. The necessary restorations before the palace could be used again brought to light some stucco and fresco decorations in some of the rooms. The main hall in the basement, now used by the Council, had already been created in 1959.
Indirizzo: Via Alfieri 15