Palazzo Mancini-Salviati Rome
The address of Palazzo Mancini is Via del Corso, 270/272 – Rome.
History and description
The Palazzo Mancini was built in 1662, commissioned by the Count of Nevers, Filippo Giuliano Mazzarino Mancini.
The architect was Carlo Rainaldi.
Work continued until 1690, when Sebastiano Cipriani completed the facade.
After being owned first by Luigi Bonaparte, it was taken over first by the Salviati and then by the Aldobrandini.
Between 1725 and 1803, the Palazzo Salviati was the seat of the French Academy.
The large entrance gate is flanked by 4 pillars. Above it there is a balcony. The cornice is decorated with cupids.
The former courtyard is now the reception hall of the bank.