The Palazzo del Municipio is located in the central square Piazza del Popolo of Latina. The central tower of the building is 32 meters high and is counted among the symbols of the city. It is also known under the name Palazzo Comunale.
Palazzo del Municipio Latina
Address: Piazza del Popolo, 1 – 04100 Latina (Tel +39 07736521).
History and description
The architect of the Palazzo del Municipio was Oriolo Frezzetti and it was built between 1932 and 1933.
It is characterized by a wide facade with a tall tower in the middle.
This tower is 32 meters high and is called Torre Civico and has both a clock and a chime.
It also forms the entrance to the town hall.
Near the atrium one can see the sculpture “Daphne”, by Elisabetta Mayo. This work was donated to the city, then called Littoria, in 1933 by the Fascist Confederations of Employers and Workmen.
The tower is depicted in the coat of arms of the city.