The Palazzo Partanna is a historic building in the Piazza dei Martiri in Naples. Built in the 17th century, it stands opposite the Palazzo Calabritto. The ground floor of the building is largely occupied by retail spaces.
Palazzo Partanna Naples
Address, opening hours and entrance fee
Address: Piazza dei Martiri, 58 – Naples. Opening hours and entrance fee: The building is privately owned and not open to tourists.
History and description
Palazzo Partanna was built in the first half of the 17th century. Its first owner, Donato Cocozza, was to later sell it on to the Duke of Pauli, Baldassare Coscia.
The latter commissioned Mario Gioffredo to renovate the palace in 1746. The restoration mainly concerned the façade and the portal.
Later, King Ferdinand IV bought the building, presenting it to his wife Lucia Migliaccio as a wedding gift in 1814. Since she was the widow of Prince Benedetto Maria III Grifeo di Partanna, the palace was named Palazzo Partanna.
The architect Antonio Niccolini restored the palace again. The interior and façade were renovated again, although Goffredi’s portal was retained.
The most striking feature of the façade is formed by the differently decorated balconies with the iron railings on each floor.
After Lucia Migliaccio’s death, the palace passed partly to the Gerace family and partly to the Countess De la Feld. In 1877, however, the Gerace’s bought the entire building.
On the ground floor are shops, while on the other floors the Galleria d’Arte Moderna di Lucio Amelio and the Unione Industriale have their seats.