The Palazzo Saluzzo di Corigliano is one of the historic buildings on the Piazza San Domenico Maggiore in Naples. Owned in the past by noble families such as the di Sangro and the Saluzzo di Corigliano, it is now the seat of the Università L’Orientale.
Palazzo Saluzzo di Corigliano Naples
Address, opening hours and entrance fee
The address of the Palazzo Saluzzo di Corigliano is Piazza San Domenico Maggiore, 12 – Naples. Metro: Dante. The nearest bus stop is Dante-Port’Alba (139, 168, 178, 182, 184, 201, 301, 460, 584, 604, C63, N3, N8). The building is private property and cannot be visited.
History and description
The Palazzo Saluzzo di Corigliano was commissioned by Giovanni di Sangro in the 16th century. The occasion was the introduction of the di Sangro family to the urban elite of the time.
After the earthquake of 1688, a reconstruction was necessary, after which Duke Agostino Saluzzo di Corigliano bought the building. The new owner immediately had a number of changes made to both the interior and exterior.
The latest alterations were carried out by the neo-classical architect Gaetano Genovese. The interior is characterized by a rococo style.