Palazzo San Bernardino is the current town hall of Tivoli. It was partly built on the former city wall and also incorporates some medieval structures.
Palazzo San Bernardino Tivoli
Address: Via Ignazio Missoni, 18 – 00019 Tivoli.
History and Description
The Palazzo San Bernardino has been municipal property since 1587, when Pope Sixtus V donated half of the palace to the city, while they had to buy the other half.
The walls that serve as the foundation for the building date back to the 5th or 6th century B.C. The tower to the left of the facade is of medieval origin.
Inside the building are several works of art depicting San Bernardino.