Ponte Guglielmo Marconi, or simply Ponte Marconi, is a Roman bridge connecting the Piazza Augusto Righi (Ostiense district) to the Piazza Thomas Edison (Portuense district).
Ponte Marconi Rome
History and description
The Ponte Marconi is Rome‘s longest bridge (235m) and has a width of more than 31m.
Construction was started in 1937, the year the Italian scientist Guglielmo Marconi died, but was interrupted during World War II, only to be restarted long after the end of the war, in 1953. The work was finished in 1955.
It was built with the aim of creating a quick connection from Trastevere to the EUR district.