Ponte Mazzini Rome
History and description
It is one of Rome’s most central and important bridges and was built between 1904 and 1908. Originally it was called Ponte Gianicolense, because of the nearby Janiculum Hill.
Work began in 1904, was completed in 1908, the same year that the bridge was inaugurated and opened to traffic. The architects were Viani and Moretti.
The Ponte Giuseppe Mazzini has a length of 106m and a width of 17m. It consists of three brickwork arches.