Ponte Regina Margherita is also known as the Ponte Margherita, and connects the Piazza della Libertà to the Lungotevere Arnaldo da Brescia in the Campo Marzio and Prati districts in Rome.
Ponte Regina Margherita Rome
History and description
The bridge is dedicated to Margherita di Savoia, who was the first queen of Italy. It was built between 1889 and 1891, the years when the Prati neighborhood, from what was then no more than countryside, changed into an urban area (with subsequent need for a better infrastructure).
The Ponte Regina Margherita is more than 100m long and has a width of more than 50m. It consists of three arches, made of brickwork and covered with travertino marble.