Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria Church Pistoia

The Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria Church was built in the 2nd half of the 20th century, at the same time as the new suburb Villaggio Belvedere on the northern side of Pistoia. The architect was Giovanni Michelucci and the construction was completed in 1961.

Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria Church Pistoia

Useful information

The address of the Chiesa del Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria is Viale dei Tigli 40 – 51100 Pistoia (Tel. 0573 904639). Opening hours: The church is open during mass (16:00, but on Sundays 11:00). Entrance fee: free of charge.

History and description

Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria Church Pistoia
Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria Church

The Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria Church was built in 1959. It was done simultaneously with the new suburb Villaggio Belvedere on the northern side of Pistoia. The architect was Giovanni Michelucci. The construction of the church took two years.

Along the central nave runs a corridor. In the place where the confessional booths are, this hall was made slightly wider. The hall and the nave are separated by pillars.

The plan was to not have a bell tower flanking the church. Michelucci did design one later, but this part of his project was never carried out.

Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria Church, Pistoia


View Larger Map

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.