The San Crispino Church in Perugia is a 15th century church in the medieval district that was known as Fontenovo. The San Crispino church has now been secularized.
San Crispino Church Perugia
Address: Via del Pozzo, snc – Perugia.
History and description
The former San Crispino Church was built around the 14th/15th century, by the Shoemakers Guild. Later a hospital (the Ospedale dell’Arte dei Calzolai) was added.
In the 17th century, the infirmary became a resting home for the insane and for people suffering from tuberculosis. (In 1823, the Santa Margherita Hospital took over this role).