San Giuseppe al Trionfale Basilica Rome
Address, opening hours and entrance fee
Address: Via Bernardino Telesio, 4/B – Rome (tel: +39 06 39751607). Opening hours: From 7 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. During mass the church is not open to tourists. Admission: Free of charge.
History and description
Construction of the church lasted from 1909 to 1912. On March 19, 2019, the feast day of Saint Joseph himself, the church was consecrated by Guanella.
The facade was designed and built by the architect Aristide Leonori. He followed the construction of the old Basilican churches.
The lower part of the façade is decorated with a number of pillars. The mosaics in the side doors were assembled in 1937 by the mosaic workshop of the Vatican.
The interior consists of three naves, separated by ten granite columns. The central nave is 60 m long and 22 m high. The two aisles are shorter than the nave and ends at the transept.
The stained-glass windows in these aisles show events from the life of Saint Joseph.
The beautiful coffered ceiling is divided into finely decorated geometric pieces.