The San Pietro Church is a deconsecrated late medieval church in the Largo Castello in Atessa (Abruzzo).
San Pietro Church Atessa
Address: Via Salita Castello – 66041 Atessa.
History and description
The San Pietro Church represents the oldest settlement in the area. The church is already mentioned in a document from 1348 and was reconstruced in typical late-medieval fashion in 1467.
In 1999, after having been neglected for a very long time, the church was again restored.
The walls of this church are made of pebbles and brick.
The interior consists of a single nave.