Santissimo Rosario di Pompei Church Rome
Address, opening hours and admission
Address: Via Cernaia, 14 – Rome. Opening hours and admission: Unknown.
History and description
The Chiesa di Santa Maria del Rosario di Pompei was built between the years 1889 and 1898 by the architect Pio Piacentini. After having been bought by a group of Australian bishops, the church, together with the house next-door, was transformed into the guesthouse Domus Australia. These works took from 2009 till 2011. The church is now the guesthouse’s chapel. Its altar was consecrated in 2011 by the, now controversial, Cardinal George Pell.
The neo-classicist church consists of a single nave with three chapels on each side and ending in an apse.