There are several phone numbers it might be handy to have at your disposal in case you need them or run into trouble in Rome. You might need a taxi, you might need medical assistance or you might need the police. Below you will find a list of the most useful phone numbers.
Useful phone numbers Rome
Police, ambulance etc.
The following are the most important numbers in case of an emergency. The first ones, Polizia and Carabinieri, can both be called in case of theft.
- Polizia (Police): 113.
- Carabinieri (Another kind of police, but their tasks more or less overlap.): 112.
- Vigili del fuoco (Fire brigade): 115.
- Ambulance: 118.
Credit card theft
When your wallet gets stolen, the first thing you need to do is cancel the credit cards you had in it. It is a good idea to make sure you have the necessary information at your disposal. One way you could do this is by mailing the details to yourself before starting out on your trip.
- Bancomat: Tel. 800822056
- American Express: tel. 0672282
- Diner’s Club: tel. 800864064
- Cartasi (Mastercard Visa): tel. 800151616
- Cariplo Cartamoneta (Mastercard Visa): tel. 800825099
- Bank Americard (Mastercard Visa): tel. 800821001
Other phone numbers
For lost objects on a bus or a tram, you need to call (+39) 06 5816040.
There is a special medical help line for tourists. The number is +39 06 58 52 68 11.
For information about tourist attractions, the number is +39 06 0608.