The Palazzo Comunale is the Town Hall of Acquapendente in the province of Viterbo. It is located in the central Piazza Girolamo Fabrizio square of the city.
Palazzo Comunale Acquapendente
History and description
The Palazzo Comunale was built in 1884, after the unification of Italy, and it is due to this that it stands out a bit from the other palaces in the square. Previously, buildings were erected by rich people to show off, now it was considered more important that the building fulfilled a certain function.
The new Palazzo Comunale is characterized by in a neo-classical style. It is located in the same spot where previously the, in size much less impressive, town hall used to be. The architect was Guglielmo Meluzzi, who was later to design several other palaces and fountains in the city.