The Palazzo Vescovile (“Bishops’ Palace”) of Perugia is located in the center of the city, in Piazza IV Novembre. It was built on the site where two older buildings were destroyed by fire in the 13th and 15th centuries.
Palazzo Vescovile Perugia
The official address of the Palazzo Vescovile is Piazza Quattro Novembre – 06123 Perugia. Opening hours and entrance fee: Unknown.
History and Description
The Bishop’s Palace was built on the site where the Palazzo dei Consoli and the adjacent Palazzo del Podestà once stood, both unfortunately destroyed in fires in 1329 and 1534.
The facade of the Palazzo Vescovile dates from 1650, while the entrance gate, graced with a scene painted in perspective, was added in 1788.