Pisa‘s Airport is called Aeroporto Galileo Galilei. Since it is mainly used by the budget airline RyanAir, many tourists who do not stay in Pisa itself, but go on holiday in Florence or even travel to Rome, also land here.
Galileo Galileo Airport Pisa
Address, Phone Pisa Airport
The address of the Aeroporto Galileo Galilei is Piazzale d’Ascanio, 1 – Pisa (Tel. 800018849. For information about the flights, please call +39 050849300.)
Public transport to Pisa
Every 10 minutes there is a PisaMover train that runs directly from the airport to the main train station. The stop is in front of the departure hall and the travel time is 8 minutes.
Public transport to and from Florence
There is a bus service (Terravision/ATAF & Li-nea) which runs directly from the airport to Florence train station. The travel time is about 90 minutes and the price is 10 Euro for a one-way ticket and 16 Euro for a return ticket. Children between 5 and 12 years old pay 4 Euro for a one-way ticket and 8 Euro for a return ticket. Children under 5 travel for free. The stop is right outside the Arrivals Hall. In Florence, the pick-up point is located outside the station, on Via Alemanni, opposite the Deanna Bar. The last bus from the airport leaves at 22.00 hours, but if the last Ryanair flight is delayed, an extra ride will be organized at 23.30 hours. You can also take the PisaMover bus to the city’s main train station (see above) and then the train to Florence.
Terravision also provides a direct bus connection between Pisa airport and Florence Amerigo Vespucci airport.
By car to Galileo Galilei Airport Pisa
By car, the airport is easily accessible from both Pisa itself (the center is 1km away) and Florence (80km). The main roads from where you come to the airport are the SS Firenze-Pisa (exit Pisa Centro-Aeroporto), the A12 Genova – Rosignano (exit Pisa Centro), the A11 Firenze – Pisa Nord (via the exit Pisa Nord and the A12) and the SS1 Aurelia.
All major car rental companies (and some smaller ones) have branches at Pisa Airport: CAR EUROPA (+39 050506883); AVIS (+39 05042028); EUROPCAR (+39 05041081); HERTZ (+39 05043220); LIBERTY RENTALS (+39 05048088); LOCAUTO RENT (+39 05024347); MAGGIORE (+39 05042574); SIXT RENT A CAR (+39 05028101); FIREFLY (+39 3384511294); GOLDCAR (+39 0502200061).
The parking spaces at the airplane are open all day. P3 is for short term parking (soste brevi). P1 and P4 are for long-term parking. P2 is a multi-storey car park. P6 is for tourist buses. P2 and P3 have spaces reserved for the disabled. The parking spaces are not guarded. The rates (valid until 11 January 2015) are as follows:
P1: 3 Euro per hour for the first three hours, then 10 Euro for the next 21 hours. After this 10 Euro per day. P2: 3 Euro per hour for the first six hours. 21 Euro for 12 hours. 24 Euro for the first day. 22 Euro for the second day. 20 Euro for the 3rd day and 18 Euro for the 4th day. 15 Euro per day from the 5th to the 9th day and 10 Euro per day from then on. P3: First 10 minutes free, then 3 Euro per hour until the 7th hour, then 30 Euro for the rest of the day. P4: 6 Euro per day.
- The general information office is in the Arrival Hall and is open from 07.00 to 23.00 hours. Bus and train tickets are also sold.
- Luggage storage: This is at the information office and is open every day from 08:00 to 20:00. Each piece of baggage costs 7 Euro per day. (Tel. +39050849300.)
- There is a tourist office in the Arrival Hall. It is open every day from 9.30am to 9.30pm. Several brochures about Pisa and the rest of Tuscany are provided and you can also book hotels here. (Tel. +39 050 503700.)
- Wifi is available at the airport. The first 60 minutes are free of charge.
- There is a bank (Cassa di Risparmio di Pisa, Monday to Friday 08.30 to 18.00 hrs; Saturday 08.30 to 13.30 hrs) and there are 3 exchange offices (Check in desk A, 05.00 to 20.00 hrs; Arrival hall at the exit, 09.00 to 22.30 hrs; Departure hall after passport control, 05.30 to 19.00 hrs).
Facts Galileo Galilei Airport Pisa
The airport code of Pisa Airport, which is named after the famous scientist, is PSA.